Dolpo trekking is noted for the trekking in one of the most remote areas in Nepal. Dolpo lies in the north-west of the great Dhaulagiri massif nestling in the rain shadow of vistas of soaring summits. Trekking in Dolpo explores one of the most remote areas in Nepal which has harsh land of rugged topography and arid climate. This remote area supported a rich tradition of Bonpo religion in the 16th century. Its remnants are still found in the various gompas in Dolpo.
Trekking in Dolpo offers unique and scenic grandeur of the far western remote region of Nepal. As a new and exotic trekking destination, it provides solitary and adventure filled experience for the trekkers where nature has remained virtually untouched. Plateaus, valleys, forests and moreover, Dolpo in its Tibet-like setting is its attraction. Dolpo trekking offers a perfect opportunity to absorb the scenic beauty and rich cultural heritage of this region. The great Phoksundo Lake and towering above its western shores the 6612m Kanjiroba Peak is one of the most dramatically beautiful sights in the Himalayas. The trek begins from Jumla visiting famous Phoksundo lake and Shey Gompa for Upper Dolpo trekking and ends in Jumla.
- International and domestic airport arrivals and departures
- Accommodation at hotel in Kathmandu on BB plan ( as per the choice of the trekkers )
- All necessary paperwork for permit ( national park entrance, TIMS card )
- Trekking permit for restricted area
- Camping trek arrangement on full board ( cook, kitchen helpers, camping and kitchen equipment, food and fuel )
- An experienced English speaking trek leader ( trekking guide ) and assistant trekking guide ( 4 trekking members ), and necessary porters to carry luggage including their meals, accommodation, wages, equipment and accident insurance.
- Kathmandu – Nepalgunj – Dunai – Nepalgunj - Kathmandu flight fare
- First aid medical kit
- All government and local taxes
- Farewell dinner
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Nepal visa fee
- Excess baggage charges for the domestic flight
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Travel and rescue insurance for trekking members
- Any additional expenses due to domestic flight delay or cancellation
- Any other expenses of personal nature ( phone calls, laundry, bar bills battery recharge, hot shower and boiled water in the trekking ).
- Gratuity for the trekking staffs